We will all remember to turn our clocks back tomorrow (technically Sunday, November 6 2016 at 2:00a.m.), yes?!
Here are 5 fall facts that most of us know…and forget every year:)
- Fall begins with the autumnal Equinox [day & night are roughly the same] on September 21 in our Northern Hemisphere
- Fall ends with the Winter Solstice [the suns northern-most position in the sky] on December 21
- Meteorologists mostly use a definition based on months (September, October & November)
- Popular culture in these parts associates Labor Day with the start of fall
- Since the 16th century it’s ‘fall’ in the U.S., ‘autumn’ in the U.K.; before that it was just ‘harvest’